This week is OSHA’s National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls in Construction Week. What’s that? It’s a week where we give special focus to fall hazards and fall prevention, raising awareness for this leading cause of death among construction workers. Through education and dedication, we can help prevent injuries and fatalities in our industry caused by falls.
OSHA’s website has great resources on how to your company and employees can take part this week in a Safety Stand-Down – defined as a “voluntary event for employers to talk directly to employees about safety.” There are videos to watch, posters you can download and print (Spanish and English), and lists of events in many areas of the country.
WCSA, the Cheyenne Roofing Alliance, the Wyoming Montana Safety Council, and Wyoming OSHA are jointly hosting an awesome event for National Safety Stand-Down this Friday, May 11th! The stand-down will be held at the Wyoming Montana Safety Council located at 1002 S. Greeley Hwy, Cheyenne, WY 82007. Scheduled events include:
- OSHA #7405 class (English): 7am – noon
- OSHA #7405 class (Spanish): 7am – noon
- Appearance by Cheyenne Mayor Marian Orr: 9am – 9:30am
- 3M Fall Protection Truck On-Site: 11am – noon
- Lunch / Stand-Down Discussion / Remembrance of Those Lost: noon – 1pm
- OSHA #7405 class (English): 1pm – 6pm
- Vendor Booths and Raffle Prizes throughout Day
We look forward to seeing everyone there!